The TWA Corporate Headquarters Building, located at 1735 Baltimore Avenue in the Crossroads neighborhood of downtown Kansas City, Missouri was the Trans World Airlines headquarters until 1964. In 2002, after sitting vacant for several years, the TWA building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Then, in early 2005, the Kansas City-based urban development firm The Nicholson Group hired local architectural firm el dorado inc to design and coordinate the restoration. The renovations to the building included the addition of a rooftop deck and garden designed to be utilized by employees as a place to unwind, relax, and enjoy the benefits of being in the outdoors. The rooftop deck construction utilized Bison Ipê Smooth Wood Tiles supported by Level.It HP-Series Pedestals.
Architect: el dorado inc.
General Contractor: Harris Construction
Renovation Completion Date: 2006